My personal wiki for system administration and miscellaneous IT information. See About me for my resume.
- Email: email@example.com
- Blog: http://www.slaggard.com
- YouTube: My Channel (A few fan-cut music videos I made in Sony Vegas)
- Reddit: User: Slaggard (I'm pretty active on reddit.com/r/sysadmin)
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/adamcmorgan
- Batch Scripting - Mostly software deployment. Some workstation maintenance, Active Directory, GPO, & misc.
- Startup Checklist - This is my "master" startup script, designed to be targeted to all workstations via a single GPO. Aside from preventing "GPO bloat", it offers finer control over how and when various startup scripts are executed. With this approach, you can specify that a script only runs once, or that it only runs on specific versions of Windows or only when other specified conditions are met, in a quicker and easier method than GPO WMI filters.
- Batch Syntax Notes
- HP Intelligent Management Center - The NMS that dares you to come into work today. Deep hurting.
- Network Cabling - Cat 5/6, Fiber, etc.
- Network Utilities - Suggested open-source/freeware tools.
- Procurve Switch Configuration
- SNTP - Simple Networking Time Protocol
- Speed Testing
Windows Server Administration
- DNS - Domain Name System
- GPO - Group Policy Objects
- WMIC Filters - Useful for targeting GPO's to specific machine types
- WSUS - Windows Server Update Services
Imaging - Creating/Deploying Windows images. FOG, WAIK/Sysprep, Windows activation, etc.